These leader resources are intended to equip all sermon lane groups. New resources will be uploaded at the beginning of each week no later than Monday afternoon.
General Resources for Groups
- Gospel of Mark Reading plan
- Protecting from "Zoom-Bombing"
- Protecting from "Zoom-Fatigue"
- The First Group Meeting
- 75 Icebreaker Questions for Small Groups
Sermon Discussion Questions:
"Jesus is Provider" (Wk 10)
- Did anyone get a chance to go to the gathering last Sunday? How was it? Does anyone have plans to register or attend soon?
- This past Sunday's sermon was about Jesus as "provider." Why do you think this might be appropriate to hear in the current season we are in? How about for you?
- In what ways might you be lacking in faith that Jesus is your true provider? How does the gospel create repentance in our hearts to turn back to him as our provider?
- How do you specifically need prayer in light of Jesus as your provider?
"Jesus is in Control" (Wk 7)
- Registrations for the August 9 gathering are open! Did you all get a chance to register for one of the gatherings? If not, will you be streaming into the service?
- This past week's sermon was called "Jesus is in Control." In what did you see and experience the control of Jesus in this past week's sermon? Explain.
- One of the most important sentences of the sermon was Jesus' control shines brightest not in preventing the nightmare, but in redeeming the nightmare. What does this personally mean for you? How does this shape the way we view Jesus' control over our lives?
- What do you specifically need prayer for in order to rest in Jesus' control over your life? Take time to pray for each other.
"Jesus is Compassionate" (Wk 6)
- We officially announced that we are regathering August 9! How are you personally feeling about regathering again? Do you feel encouraged? Hesitatant? Excited? How can we personally pray for your in this transition phase?
- Pastor Mike preached on the "compassion" of Jesus. He noted how the word for compassion means to feel what another person feels "in their gut." What specifically in your life do you need to be reminded of the compassion of Jesus? Why?
- In what ways do you think the compassion of Jesus toward you to save you ought to grow you in your compassion towards someone else in your life? Explain.
- How does the compassion of Jesus help us as a church as we transition into regathering together?
"Jesus is Wounded Healer" (Wk 5)
- How was your 4th of July weekend? Any highlights to share?
- This past week's sermon was about Thomas and his deep struggle to believe. He had many doubts, even to the point of saying, "I will never believe in Jesus." Have you been through a time like this before? What were the events and circumstances surrounding this time for you?
- How does Jesus' response to Thomas specifically encourage you and me if/when we go through times when faith is difficult?
- What do we learn from the fact that Jesus' wounds will always be on his hands for all eternity?
- How can we pray for you in light of this past week's sermon?
"Jesus is Impartial" (Wk 4)
- Does anyone have plans for Fourth of July weekend? What does your family or friends like to do?
- When you think of someone who is "impartial" what comes to your mind? How would you know if you are an impartial person?
- God is clearly described as "impartial." Look up the following verse references and note all of the ways in which God is described as "impartial" (Romans 2:9-11; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 3:23-25; James 2:1-7).
- The main point of this past week's sermon was, Jesus is impartial because he receives you not based upon a nice stature, but a new nature. The new nature is created by God (Ezekiel 36:24-27). Why is this such good news for you during this season of your life?
"Jesus is Pursuing" (Wk 3)
- How was your Father's Day weekend? Do you find it a mostly encouraging day or somewhat difficult day? Explain.
- This past week was all about how Jesus is a pursuing God. What characterizes someone who is pursuing? When have you experienced being pursued?
- What is it about the story of Zacchaeus in particular that really highlights the loving-pursuit of God?
- How might the pursuing love of God in Christ affect the way all of us pursue others in love? What does this look like in your life today? Explain.
"Jesus is Forgiving" (Wk 2)
- Are you planning to go anywhere for the summer?
- This past week was about Jesus being forgiving. What does forgiveness mean to you?
- How have you personally experienced the power of God's forgiveness in your life?
- What does it look like for us to seek or extend forgiveness in light of God's forgivness of us through Jesus?
"Jesus is God" (Wk 1)
- What are you most excited about for the summer season?
- Pastor Mike shared about his experience of real transformation when he truly looked at Jesus in the gospels. What are you personally most excited about this series?
- 2 Corinthians 4:6 says that we see the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. Thus, if we want to know what God is like we look at Jesus. What are things we learn about God that we could only learn by looking at Jesus?
- What can we learn about God that he chose to reveal himself through a human being?
- How can we pray for each other for this summer season?
Other helpful resources:
- "How to Handle Awkward Moments in Bible Study" (article)
- "3 Tips for Starting a Bible Study" (video)